When it comes to spending your hard-earned money, you never want to choose a brand that is not worth it. We have all been down that path where we try to save cash on an item only to find out that while we got an amazing deal, our chainsaw or lawn mower died within a year. This is why most households contract Lawncare service Georgia. This saves their time and the worry about maintaining the equipment.
History of Husqvarna Brand
This brand is rich in history. In fact, the brand descends from a royal decree and was built on the premises of only offering the highest quality machines fit for a king – literally.
- 1620 – 1690 – The story begins in 1620. At the time, the Swedish king signed a decree for the Jönköping Rifle Factory to be built. The factory was meant to create muskets for Sweden to help arm the country’s army. This lasted for 69 years before the company shifted part of its operation to Huskvarna falls where the modern day factory still stands.
- 1757 – 1850 -Little is said from 1690 – 1757. What is mentioned is that in 1757, the crown transferred this company, and the Husqvarna Rifle Factory was born. At the end of 1850, it would move all of its operations to Huskvarna.
- 1872 – 1912 – During this very important time period, this brand would evolve and change. This era was when the contract with the crown would come to an end, and it would start to introduce new products. Sewing machines, weapons, stoves, typewriters and bicycles are just a few that this brand would begin to make while not tied to the crown.
Click on the image to see whole discussion thread in new window!
- 1918 – From this year onward, they really started to diversify their production and would start to introduce many of the stuff that they are known for today. At 1918, they introduce their first lawn mower.
- 1921 – 1949 – This company delves into the household market with stoves, dishwashers and washing machines.
- 1947 – 1959 – It introduces motorized mowers and chainsaws into their lineup.
- 1967 – It stops all production of rifles after 347 years.
- 1968 – 1973 – They grew immensely within this 5 year period. During this time, brush cutters and anti-vibration chainsaws were introduced. In 1972, the company shortened its name to just Husqvarna.
- 1982 – 1986 – This company introduces a motorcycle division which is sold off quickly in 1986.
Since 1988, this brand becomes the “king” of chainsaws and revolutionizes the industry. It also introduced the world’s first robotic lawnmower, revolutionizes batteries, and in 2013 introduced GPS controlled, weather conscious lawnmowers.
Locations of Company Headquarters
Currently, Husqvarna has both of its headquarters situated in Sweden. Its main HQ is still the same as hundreds of years ago and located in the city of Husqvarna while the other is located in Stockholm.
What is more, it has many offices all across the world and currently employs more than 14,000 people. What is more, it is currently the largest producer of outdoor machines, such as lawnmowers and chainsaws.
The Quality of Their Products
This brand is known for their high quality products. As you have read, it has descended from a royal decree and still puts the same level of quality into their production today as they did for the crown.
The level of quality will vary from one product and model to the next, but this brand is very generous with their warranty programs. The typical warranty offered is 2 years, but consumers can extend it well beyond the 2 year period with 4 additional years added.
Click on the image to see whole thread in new window!
Based off of personal experience and by looking at 100s of customer reviews, this is one of the best companies in the world when it comes to quality and durability. Through its long history, Husqvarna has acquired many companies and has really stood out in certain fields. The following machines are among the group’s most popular categories.
5 Main Product Categories
These have been revolutionized by the brand throughout its rich history. From anti-vibration technology to long lasting batteries, the company offers some of the world’s best saws not only in homeowner but even professional categories.
What is more, electric and gas models that will fit needs of every handyman are offered as well. Not only that, you will be able to find even petrol and electric power cutters!
Pay attention: You can check out their best models in this article: Top 10+ Husqvarna Chainsaws You Need to Know About
Lawnmowers are Husqvarna’s biggest product and this has grown in time. Not only are the mowers of the highest quality, but they are very unique! What is more, there are 5 categories you can choose from:
- Articulating riders
- Zero turn versions
- Walk behind models
- Robotic versions
3. Cleaners & Trimmers
An affordable lineup of trimmers is offered. To be precise, there are around 20 models to choose right now. From the casual homeowner to the professional landscaper, there is something that will fit your needs perfectly, including:
- Homeowner models
- Hedge trimmers
- Forestry cleaning saws
4. Blowers & Ground Care Machines
- Pressure washers
- Stump grinders
5. Turf Care
- Sod cutters
Keep in mind: Whether you want to use these as a homeowner or a professional, you will be able to choose from Husqvarna assortment.
Price Range of Their Products
The price range of the company’s machines ranges greatly from one type to the next. Going off of our main categories section, the following prices are seen:
- Chainsaws – The chainsaws start with the least expensive model being the 240 with a suggested price of $199. The most expensive homeowner model is the 460 Rancher which costs $479.
- Mowers – The cheapest manual mower costs $109, but the company’s range of products also includes the robotic mower which starts at $2,399.
- Trimmers – The trimmers offered range from $169 for the 128C to $469 for the 535LS.
- Blowers – Blowers have a price range of $159 to $579 for the backpack, commercial model 580BTS.
- Turf care machines – This category includes Dethatchers from $1229.95 up to Sod cutter for $4299.95.
6 Pros vs. 3 Cons
There are a lot of pros and a few cons with this company, including:
- Innovative & quality design.
- Powerful lineup.
- Diverse range of products.
- Great prices for personal or professional use.
- 2-year warranty.
- Individual models may have some specific flaws.
- Lack of electric chainsaws.
- Higher-end machines are out of the regular consumer’s price range.
[/one_half_last]As you can see, this brand has plenty to offer and I bet you will be more than happy with having at least few products from their assortment.
Conclusion – Worth It or Not?
To be honest, I believe that Husqvarna is truly a brand worth your money! Not only does the company have a rich history, but they have been able to advance industries like no other company in the world. From the first robotic mower to the most powerful saws in the world, it has it all at a price that is simply too good to beat when considering the quality offered!
When purchasing any of their machine, you will receive a 2-year standard warranty. While the products are known to last for years without any defects or problems seen, I highly recommend paying the extra fee for the extended warranty.
[Worth checking out – Top 12+ Brands of Power and Hand Tools]
It is often better to pay a small premium to ensure your high-end product will be repaired or replaced by the manufacturer under warranty. Especially for lawnmowers and chainsaws, it would be very hard to find equivalent products in Husqvarna’s price range.